Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Mike Won!

As I was downing my morning coffee and perusing the net one day last week I saw a posting on the TU website about a contest for blog writers…“TU’s Sportsmen’s Conservation Project is teaming up with the Outdoor Blogger Network for a writing contest about trout fishing and coldwater conservation. The four top bloggers in the contest stand to win a trip to fly fish Montana’s Centennial Valley.”

I thought about digging through my archives and sending in something. Then, as is my habit, I jumped over to one of my favorite blogs and saw that my friend Mike, from Mike’s Gone Fishin'…Again had just written up a submission titled “The Best Trout Fishing Trip Ever” and I knew that anything I might send in had no chance of winning.

Well today, as I was going through my morning routine, what do I see but news that Mike had won the contest. To anyone that is a regular reader of Mike’s blog, this was no surprise at all. The man has a way with words. In the early days of this blog I mistakenly thought that I could create some of the same stuff that Mike was becoming known for. Silly me.

In April of 2010 Mike and I shared a day on the Davidson and I learned that Mike – in addition to being a great writer, photographer and threat to all creatures piscatorial – is a great guy.

Congratulations Mike!

Enjoy...http://mikesgonefishing.blogspot.com/2011/06/best-trout-fishing-trip-ever.html

2 comments:

  1. Alan, my friend, you are much, much too kind. Fish snicker when I arrive. That Davidson trip was way too long ago. We need to find a quiet stream together again, sometime real soon, and do some catching up.

    So glad to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alan I couldn't have said it better myself. Mike is a truly class guy and I'm so happy he won.

    ReplyDelete